Below are models of receipt printers that have been reported to work successfully with Point of Sale.
- We recommend you use receipt printers that can print HTML based pages.
- The best way to check if your current printer works with Point of Sale is by checking the demo page.
- Adjustments can be made to ensure your receipt is printed correctly. Such adjustments include:
- Addition of CSS code to the receipt template
- Decreasing the speed of printing
- Increasing the density
- Setting the printer as a default printer through your operating system.
- Turning spooling off.
- Check receipt printers driver settings and ensuring prints directly to printer.
A cash drawer must be connected to a receipt printer to open automatically. Otherwise, you’ll need to manually open the drawer using the cash drawer key.
- Ensure you have enabled barcode scanning from Point of Sale > Settings > Scanning > Barcode Scanning.
- Any barcode scanner that outputs what the barcode is representing as an input to the register, should work.
- Blueooth barcode scanners are reported to work, in particular Excelvan BP8150BL.
Magnetic Card Readers
- Ensure you have enabled credit/debit card scanning from Point of Sale > Settings > Scanning > Credit/Debit Card Scanning.
- Magnetic card readers work by reading the magnetic strip and outputting the data.
- The plugin includes a script which parses this data into the relevant fields.
- At the moment, we have made this compatible with the following WooCommerce sold or developed gateways: Stripe, Authorize.net, Realex, PayPal, Braintree, PayTrace and Simplify Commerce.
Chip & PIN Terminals
Point of Sale does not communicate with any external devices. If you do intend to accept chip & PIN transactions then please do consider that this will be isolated i.e. the total value for transaction will not be sent from the register to the terminal.